Thursday, February 18, 2010

40 weeks and No Baby



Well, the waiting game has officially begun. Today is Lilah's due date and it doesn't look like she will be making an appearance. We have had an eventful last couple of days. Tuesday I was having a pretty bad headache but I just brushed it off. Wednesday morning I woke up and had an even worse headache and decided to check my blood pressure, which was 145/90. I was supposed to have an appointment @ 3pm but I didn't feel right so I called my OB's office and they told me to go to labor & delivery @ Kennestone. We got there at around 8:30am and they got me all hooked up to the monitors and did some lab work. We were thinking they might just go ahead and get things started since we were alrady there, but no such luck. Baby looked good on the monitors, all my lab work came back fine and my blood pressure was down from laying on my left side. We were there until about 11:30am and they ended us sending me home to rest and having me reschedule my appointment for today. I kept checking my blood pressure throughout the day yesterday and it would be fine if I was laying down but go right back up as soon as i got up to do anything. Last night Lilah was really active. It felt like she was bracing herself against my ribs with her feet and pushing down with her head as hard as she could. That felt just wonderful lol. I check my blood pressure a few times this morning before we left for my appointment and it was back up again, 155/92. When we got to the doctor they check everything and I had no progress, again. Everything has been the same for the last 3 - 4 weeks. They decided to do an ultrasound to check Lilah and everything looked good, but she is estimated to weigh 9lbs 2oz right now. I wanted to cry lol. Again, I thought for sure they would be sending us straight to the hospital to get things going. That didn't happen. They are worried that since I have had no progress that I would end up having to have a C-section if they tried to induce me today. Per doctors orders, I am officially on bed rest until my next appointment on Monday morning. They want to give me a chance to go into labor on my own over the weekend and if that doesn't happen I will have a non-stress test and we will go from there. They will more than likely induce me at that point because of her size. I was nervous about delivering a 7 or 8lb baby. Now that they are saying 9lb, and she said that estimate was on the conservative side, I am even more nervous. We are crossing our fingers that something happens over the next couple of days, but I just don't see anything changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment