Thursday, September 17, 2009

18 weeks!

Well I guess I skipped the 17 week post lol! I went in for my 18 week checkup today. There was no plan to do an ultrasound (Woodstock office doesn't have a U/S machine). When my doctor tried to find the heartbeat on the doppler, he couldn't get it. He said that he could hear it moving around, but just couldn't catch the heartbeat. He sent me to the other office in Marietta for an ultrasound. Thank god when we got there everything looking great! Baby is measuring right on target for 18 weeks. The tech said our little peanut weighs 8 oz right now. We got to hear the heartbeat again, 146 bpm, just like last time (truly the most amazing sound ever, I cried like a baby again lol). We also got a couple of cute pictures that look like I have a little alien growing in there! She asked if we wanted to know the sex, of course we said yes..... well guess what?? Baby wouldn't uncross the legs! We tried to get him/her to turn, but it wasn't happening. I even went outside and walked around for a bit and had a little coke thinking the caffine would do the trick. No such luck! The baby had changed positions but still had the legs crossed lol. Better luck next time! Now we have to wait 4 more weeks to try again. The ultrasound tech told me to schedule my next appointment at the Marietta office so we could sneak in a ultrasound then. Now I am really looking forward to October 15th! Here are the new ultrasound pics from today!



No comments:

Post a Comment