Monday, May 25, 2009

Guess what???


We are trying to have a baby! The decision to start trying came out 6 weeks ago. We have been seriously talking about it since January and finally decided that the time had come. Why were we waiting anyway?? I have been doing a lot of reading over the last few months. Both online and in actual books. My reading list has consisted of:

- Getting Pregnant by Neils Lauersen
- Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Tony Weschler
- Plan to Get Pregnant by Zita West
- Before Your Pregnancy, A 90 Day Guide by Amy Ogle & Lisa Maazzullo


I liked the 1st and 3rd books the best. The 3rd one was really great. It had a lot of good information laid out in quick-reference tables. I have gone back to it quite a few times. Of course there is plenty of repetitive info in these books and online, so you can really only read so much.

Another "fun" thing I have been doing is trying out different prenatal vitamins. Believe me, it was far from fun, haha! The first brand I was taking I just picked up at the grocery store. They were just the generic Publix brand. I had a lot of nausea with those if I didn't eat directly after taking one. When I went to my OB-GYN to have a check up and talk to them about trying to conceive the midwife gave me samples of a few different vitamins to try. Natelle Plus DHA was pretty good. I didn't have any nausea, but I didn't like that there were 2 different pills to keep up with. Natelle Ez made me super nauseated and it smelled terrible, so I only took that for 2 days. Prenate DHA was by far the best. It had the same benefits as Natelle Plus DHA but in one tablet and the coating on them actually smells good (for a vitamin). I had my doctors office call in a prescription, I just have to go pick them up.

I have also been doing a lot of looking at names online. Brian is such a good sport about me showing him a million names every night! We are agreeing for the most part, so that's a good thing. We have a boy name picked out and a few girl names that we like too -- I won't share those until we are actually pregnant :)

Well that's all for now! Brian and I will be updating this page as often as we can!

1 comment: