Sunday, June 7, 2009

Happy Anniversary to Us!!!

I can't believe it has been a year already! Wow, time flies. We have had a really great anniversary weekend. Friday night we went to Jared and I got something sparkly for my anniversary gift! It is a gorgeous vintage inspired cushion-cut amethyst ring. I was trying to find a picture of it to post on here, but they don't have it on their website. I goes really nicely with my wedding set. I love it!


Our dinner last night at The Magnolia Thomas House was fantastic! They did a great job on the rebuild. The food was great. We even had the same crab cakes they served at our wedding :) After dinner we wen to Publix and got cake slices (we didn't freeze our topper) and came back home. We drank champagne out of our toasting flutes and ate our cake and had a wonderful evening! Today is our actual anniversary, but it as been like a 3 day celebration!

Yesterday we went an picked out or storm door. Brian has been installing it for most of the day. It is so nice. The natural light that we get now is unbelievable. The only windows we have on the front side of our lower level are the sidelights next the the door, so it is a MAJOR improvement. We also got paint to re-do the upper half of our master bedroom walls. When we moved in 2 years ago we jumped the gun on painting and we have never really been able to find any bedding that we like that matches the paint. The top half was a really pretty light blue and the bottom was chocolate brown. Now the top half is being repainted in a light khaki-type of color called Sandstone Cove. We painted a color swatch on the wall before we bought the full sized can. I think it is going to look nice, and since it is more neutral, we will have more bedding options. I saw a set that I liked in the Macy's sale ad for this week. I think we will go check it out. We are both super-picky when it comes to bedding. So hopefully I will like it in person. They have it with pink sheets in the picture, but obviously we would go with something more neutral.

No comments:

Post a Comment